Minimum requirements for volunteers.
Required * – See below for details.
- IS-100.b – Introduction to Incident Command System (ICS)
- IS-700.a – National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- You will keep your equipment in good working order (No loose or exposed wiring.)
- Have a radio capable of 25 watts or more.
- IS-200.b – ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
- IS-800.b – National Response Framework, An Introduction
- EC-001 – Introduction to Emergency Communications
- EC-016 – Public Service and Emergency Communications Management for Radio Amateurs
- EC-015 – ARRL Public Relations
FEMA AuxComm – Contact the EC for more information.
* Active – Are required to take IS-100, IS-700 and have the county background check completed. Active volunteers are not required to deploy but encouraged.
- Reserve – Are required to take IS-100 & IS-700.