For the past 12 hours Irma has been classified as a category 5 hurricane. It currently has winds of 185 MPH. In the event Irma makes landfall in Florida you should start your preparations and planing. For ARES to plan for this event we need to know who would like to volunteer. You do not have to deploy. Contact VARES and we can see where you can help.
Events like this is why we join ARES. To help our family, friends and others in need.
If you would like to volunteer contact Karl KG4HBN at email@example.com. You can find other ways to contact me at the bottom of this post. Please include the following information.
- Call Sign
- If you are willing to deploy, What shelter (Special Needs Shelters are the first priority, you can find the shelter list here.)
- Email and Phone
- Any other information or preferences
Documents You everyone Need’s Printed Out And Ready
Other documentation everyone should have.
- 2017 Shelter List
- ICS-213 Message Form
- VARES Frequency List – Update 9/1/17
- ICS-214 Activity Log
- ICS-309 Communications Log
Everyone should have their supplies ready and in place. Here is just a few items you should have.
- 72 hours of food and water (Per Person)
- Any medications you may take
- Important Documents (House/Car insurance, Drivers License)
- Portable radio and batteries
These are just a few items.
If you have any questions please contact the EC or an AEC at anytime.
Karl Martin KG4HBN
Volusia Amateur Radio Emergency Service