Everyone here at Volusia Amateur Radio Emergency Service would like to wish you a happy and safe 4th of July.
Here is a list of safety tips to remember during this holiday.
- Always have an adult supervise fireworks activities and never allow children to play with or ignite fireworks. Sparklers alone account for one quarter of emergency room fireworks injuries.
- If you set off fireworks, keep a bucket of water handy in case of malfunction or fire.
- Never ignite fireworks in a container, especially one that is glass or metal.
- Open your gas grill before lighting.
- Make sure the person lighting fireworks always wears eye protection.
Just a few reminders from FEMA.GOV
Karl Martin KG4HBN
Volusia Amateur Radio Emergency Service